The Accident Claims ProcessIf you are reading this is, you may have been injured in an accident, believe you are entitled to compensation and are now questioning what your legal options are.
Hussey Fraser, the leading Personal Injury and Medical Negligence Solicitors, has been successfully representing clients for the past 30 years, with a unique and specialist service, making it the leading Personal Injury claims firm in Ireland.
Key points to note:
If you have been injured as a result of the actions of somebody else you will have suffered what is termed a ‘Tort’, which is a civil wrong and you have a right to recover damages for this wrong.
Hussey Fraser Solicitors can help you move through this process with efficiency and ease allowing you to focus on your recovery while we manage your case.
Step 1 - Do you have a case?
Consulting a Personal Injury Solicitor to discuss your case is advisable. The solicitor will take on an Accident Claims case if it is deemed viable and this generally depends on:
- if the injury in question is sustained as a result of an accident.
- if the accident was the fault of another person.
- if the accident happened within the last 2 years i.e within the statute of limitations.
Step 2 - Submit case to The Injuries Board
- once it is established that you have a case, the next step is to submit an application to The Injuries Board
- the function of the Injuries Board is to assess compensation in respect of Personal Injuries suffered by people in Motor Accidents, Workplace Accidents, and Public Liability Accidents. This assessment is based on the medical evidence provided.
- in general, all Personal Injury Claims must come through The Injuries Board with the exception of Medical Negligence, some assault cases and some cases where the injury is wholly psychological (and unless settled early between claimants and insurers).
- your Personal Injury Solicitor will handle the application process from start to finish for you which involves preparing documentation, requesting medical reports and submission of evidence to the Injuries Board.
We're here to help
Tell us more about your case.Submit Case Details
Step 3 - Consider The Injuries Board Assessment and Offer
- having reviewed your claim (usually takes about 9 months) The Injuries Board will revert to you with a suggested Compensation amount. You will then need to consider whether to agree to this offer or not.
- your Solicitor will provide you with expert advise as to whether the assess ment appropriately reflects the injuries you have suffered and your recovery since the accident.
Hussey Fraser Solicitors has 30 years experience in accurately valuing claims based on the particular circumstances of each client ensuring that each client receives the appropriate compensation for the injury suffered.
- if you and the party at fault accept The Injuries Board suggested compensation amount, the party at fault would then be ordered to pay this amount to you.
- if either you or the party at fault does not accept the suggested compensation amount then you would move to issue court proceedings against the person at fault for your accident or injury
- from the date of any accident you have two years within which to bring a claim following which time you will be ‘Statute Barred’ from bringing a claim and any claim started after this time will not succeed.
What should I do if I am involved in an accident?
Look after yourself and others - seek Medical attention
- ensure any/all injuries, yours and those of other parties, are assessed as a matter of priority by your local GP or A&E Department.
- retain a record of your medical treatment to support a potential Personal Injury accident claim.
If possible, gather all relevant information at the scene
- Record the date and time of the accident.
- Details of the other driver/ people involved – contact information, vehicle registration and vehicle insurance number.
- Name and contact information of emergency service workers at the scene- Gardai and paramedics.
- Dash cam footage if available. Take pictures of the scene.
- Make a note of weather conditions at the time.
Report the incident to the Gardai
- It is always important to report an incident to the Gardai to allow them to take details of the accident.
- Depending on how serious the incident is Gardai may attend the scene to take statements etc.,
Contact your own Insurance company
- If you are the driver of a vehicle involved in a Motorcycle Accident it is important you inform your insurance company.
Speak to Hussey Fraser - the No. 1 Personal Injury Accident Claims Solicitor
Hussey Fraser, leading Personal Injury Accident Solicitor, has been successfully representing clients for the past 30 years, with a unique and specialist service making it the leading accident claims firm in Ireland.
I felt valued as a client from Day 1....
Hussey Fraser acted for me in a small matter in which I was unable to make any headway. They were so good at keeping in touch to let me know about progress, and in following up with any questions I had. They were responsive and prompt at answering queries, and everyone I interacted with was incredibly professional and patient. The result was very positive and not one I could possibly have achieved independently. Their fee was reasonable and proportionate, and I was more than content with both their service and the result. I would highly recommend considering Hussey Fraser. Even though I was pursuing a very small claim, I felt valued as a client from Day 1.
Support me on my claim in every single step of the process...
Very happy that i came across with the Solicitors in Hussey Fraser. Especially Mr. Conor McCormack that support me on my claim in every single step of the process. Being kind and diligent. Best of the best. Ill be always grateful. Thanks you so much.
I felt involved and informed in every step...
I have nothing but praise for the work done by Emer McDermott and her colleagues on my case with Hussey Fraser. They provided expert advice in the first instance and were all too happy to take the time to explain and discuss issues as they arose so that I felt involved and informed in every step. In my case, having emigrated in the midst of proceedings, they were able to facilitate me being on the opposite side of the world in a timezone that was anywhere between 11 and 13 hours ahead of GMT. Their communication, professionalism and the outcome they achieved were all excellent and I would have no hesitation in recommending them.
The whole team were very professional and took all the hassle out of what could have been a very daunting experience....
I would like to thank Anne Barrett and all the team at Hussey Fraser for dealing with my injury claim. The whole team were very professional and took all the hassle out of what could have been a very daunting experience. I received regular contact and updates and any responses needed were immediate which led to a favourable outcome. I couldn't recommend Anne Barrett and Hussey Fraser highly enough. Thankyou for all your help. Cormac.