Cycling Accident Claims
With more than 30 years experience in Personal Injury Compensation Claims, Hussey Fraser Solicitors is the leading expert across a wide variety of areas including Bike and Cycling Accident Claims.
According to a 2020 RSA Report, cycling accidents are up 59% year on year and these figures do not include the past 2 years during which cycling has become even more popular.
60% of bike accidents occur in Dublin, followed by Cork, Limerick and Galway. Most cycling accidents occur in the May to September period and at the peak times of morning and evening.
Our Cycling Accident Claims Team
Our specialist team of non-fault Cycling Accident Solicitors are highly experienced and ready to advocate on your behalf.
In addition, our team comprises Legal Executives all of whom have worked in either insurance brokers or insurance companies. All are members of the Irish Insurance Institute and are Certified Insurance Practitioners.
Hussey Fraser’s professional and client-focused Cycling Accident Claims service offering
In the event that an accident is not your fault, you may be entitled to compensation as there may be a legal remedy in the form of a Cycling Accident Claim
- Cycling accidents can take many forms but in the case of an incident involving another vehicle, it is generally the registered driver’s insurance company that will be responsible for any claim arising, as insurance is mandatory on all vehicles on Irish roads.
- In the event of a Personal Injury claim, Hussey Fraser will provide expert and impartial assistance to ensure you receive the justice you deserve.
- Any compensation awarded can help to cover medical expenses as well as loss of earnings from time spent out of work.
- The first step will be to submit your claim to PIAB (The Personal Injuries Assessment Board) for assessment.
Cycling Accident help
We’re here to help. Tell us more about your Cycling Accident.Submit Case Details
Common Cycling accident claim types
The most common cycling accident claims are:
- Head-on Collision claims
- Rear-end Collision claims
- Hit and Run claims
- Side impact Collision claims
- Roundabout accident claims
- Uninsured driver claims
- Fatal Injury claims
- Motorway accident claims
- Defective Bollard accident claims
- Accidents on Bends in the road
- Accidents caused by road markings
Types of Personal Injuries
- Cuts and Lacerations
- Soft Tissue damage
- Injuries to legs and feet
- Amputation and Dislocation
- Nerve injuries
- Internal injuries
- Facial injury and damage
- Head injuries
- Traumatic Brain injury
- Back and Spinal injury
- Catastrophic injuries
- Fatal Injuries
The Claims Process
We introduce you to the Personal Injury Claims Process in a straightforward and helpful manner.
What to do if I am involved in a Cycling Accident?
Look after yourself and others - seek Medical Attention
- It is important to ensure the any/ all injuries, yours and those of other parties, are assessed as a matter of priority by your local GP or A&E Department.
- It is also important to retain a record of your medical treatment to support a potential Cycling Accident Claim.
If possible, gather all relevant information at the scene
- Record the date and time of the accident.
- Details of the other driver/ people involved – contact information, vehicle registration and vehicle insurance number.
- Name and contact information of emergency service workers at the scene – Gardai and paramedics.
- Dash cam footage if available. Take pictures of the scene.
- Make a note of weather conditions at the time.
Report the incident to the Gardai
- It is always important to report an incident to the Gardai to allow them to take details of the accident.
- Depending on how serious the incident is Gardai may attend the scene to take statements etc.,
Contact your own Insurance company
- If you are the driver of a vehicle involved in a Cycling Accident it is important you inform your insurance company.
Speak to Hussey Fraser - leading Cycling Accident Claims Solicitors
Hussey Fraser, leading Personal Injury Accident Solicitor, has been successfully representing clients for the past 30 years, with a professional and client- focussed service making it leading Cycling Accident Claims firm in Ireland.